Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm talking to you - yes, YOU.


How do I even put into words what I am feeling right now? We did get the call, saying that we have been approved to be re-appointed as career missionaries with the International Mission Board. Many people have asked us if we are happy. Really, that is a hard question. We have to first leave our families, our beloved church, great friends to answer a call to obedience that we cannot escape. We are rejoicing about the second chance to fulfill our call to missions that has long been pressed down and skirted about but oh, the heartache of having to leave our friends and family. First Baptist Church Buna, Texas - you will always be our church family. We love you more than you know.

Something that I have told a few friends lately: our obedience will directly affect many other people. Yes, that is you - you know who you are. Just as Jeff and I are called to missions, our children have specifically been called to be missionary kids. Just as Jeff and I have been called to missions, our families have been hand picked to be the parents and siblings of a missionary. Just as Jeff and I have been called to missions, you (wherever you are) have been called to obedience. We really are no different that you are. When God calls, you answer. It really is that simple. Are you doing what you have been called to do? It doesn't matter what that is - whatever it is, get out there and do it!

1 comment:

Steve and Rita Schwarz said...

I love your blog. Can't wait to meet you in person at ILC.