Thursday, March 12, 2009

Road Trip!





Can you guess where we are heading to tomorrow at about 4am? If you guessed Greenville, South Carolina - you would be correct!! We will drive 13 hours to Knoxville, TN so my Mom and Step-dad can pick up the kids then Jeff and I will head on (3 more hours) to the IMB's Appointment Week in Greenville, SC. This will be a week of meetings, meetings and more meetings that will culminate with our official appointment as missionaries with the International Mission Board on March 18th at First Baptist Church in Taylors, SC. It starts at 6:30 pm. Do you want to come? We'll plan on seeing you there. :-)
We will leave on Thursday, March 19th and hope to return on the same day back in Buna. We will then have about 3 weeks to pack up and crate our stuff as we prepare to go on another road trip to VA. So, come join us for the journey.
We're counting on your prayers!

4 comments:

Angie Lynn said...

I wanna come... I wanna come!!!! I hear that part of the state is just beautiful! Can you believe I lived in SC for 12 years and never went up that way. And... my old boss was from Taylors. Small world! I hope you have a glorious time!

Robin said...

Hope ya'll have a safe trip! I'm continuing to pray for ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Brother Jeff and Robyn,
I am praying for you, your family and the awesome work that you will be joining God in. May He grant you grace in your travels to and fro. Know this, regardless of where God will take you; You will always remain in our hearts and this will always be your home. God bless you.... mike, maegan and holly brown...

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there. There was a commissioning in Lexington when I was at my last church and we took a group to be a part of it. They had so many present it was at Rupp Arena!

You, Jeff and the kids (along with your families) will continue to be in my prayers as you go to VA and begin the final steps on your journey to Africa!

Def. keep me posted!

Your friend... Ricky