Friday, October 9, 2009

Ne Lu Mateha Maabani!

Yesterday, we got the privilege to go to a local Baptist pastor's village to help mud his house.  It was great fun and hard work.  The girls got jumped right into the mud and worked hard for almost 2 hours!

Here, the house is almost done.  Jeff is taking a short break while the ladies continued to work.  I can't say anything bad about that because I was also taking a break while shooting some pictures. :)
Levi had to stay on the mat all day and by the Lord's grace, he didn't seem to mind too much.  Here we are, waiting to eat lunch and all the kids gathered around us.  If you can't tell, Levi is saying "CHEEEEESE".
This sweet girl, great with child, was cooking our buhobe which is the staple of the Lozi people.  It is almost like grits.  The Lozi have this for every meal and then have some relish or fish or something else to go along with it.

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh you all look so great.....look at all of those beautiful children created by the Lord all playing together! What a blessing these pictures are to me.

Rachel said...

Robyn you look good! I can't wait to see you guys in almost a week... I'm excited to experience some of Zambia.

Heather said...

Hello!!! My name is Heather and live in Victoria, BC, Canada!! I communicate with Sky Scott at times and REALLY appreciate these blogs.I have a boy in Mongu who is my sponsor child..KAWANA SITWALA is his name..lives with grandparents..would you please email me..might seem strange to you cuz u don't know me..but we know Jesus..I am Heather NEAL and Victoria is the very west coast of Canada. email hthrnl@hotmail.com thank you! I know u r busy and internet not always available but I reeaallly hope to hear from you Robyn..

Heather said...

Hello!! My name is Heather Neal..living on very west coast of CANADA on Vancouver Island. I really appreciate these blogs and communicate with Sky Scott at times.I have boy in Mongu named KAWANA SITWALA.I sponsor through World Vision.I am learning a little Silozi and he learning a little English.He lives with grandparents..You are very busy and internet not always available but I really hope you will email me..we don't know each other but we know Jesus! email hthrnl@hotmail.com
THANK YOU !!!!!!!