Thursday, February 13, 2014

The View

Last year, I began reading Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts.  Honestly, I was desperate to find joy in my current location, life and ministry.  The Lord really spoke to me through the musings of Ann. So, I decided to begin to count all the blessings that the Lord sends me each and every day.  One of the first ones that I noticed was this view from my bed.


As we live on the corner of two very busy streets in Lusaka, I was surprised to notice that as I sat on my bed in the mornings to do my Quiet Time, I could not see any power lines or buildings or billboards or any other 'city' type things from this perspective.  I loved it!  All I could see was the beautiful green trees that were on the other side of our wall.  It may not seem like much but it really is quite a blessing to me almost every morning as I sit with the Lord.
Now, of course, I could still hear the traffic but - oh what a view! 


Another thing that makes me happy is my quilt on my bed.  I looked forever, it seems, when we were in the States for something that both Jeff and I liked.  I think I finally wore Jeff down with the myriad of options that he finally just agreed on something.... :)  My previous quilt was darker colors with a few lights thrown in and I really wanted something lighter and brighter.  And I'm glad that I did because it makes me feel cheery.

No comments: